Procedure for Funding Application
What types of activities?
A mobility project’s duration could be for one or two years period, and it includes activities for a period of 2 days to 2 months ( excluding travel ) for school/adult education teachers, which may include one or more of the following activities :
- Teaching assignments : This activity allows teachers or other staff members of the school to teach or to exercise at a partner school abroad ;
- Activities for the professional development of teachers, principals or employees of the school, such as:
- participation in formal courses or training abroad;
- Twinning / observation / work period abroad at a partner school or another relevant organization active in the field of school education.
New in Erasmus+ Programme 2014 -2020: Individual applications will not be accepted.
Mobility is funded under certain conditions:
- It must contribute to the European Development Plan prepared by the participating organizations;
- It must meet the needs identified by the participants;
- It must be controlled by a process of selection, preparation and monitoring;
- It must ensure that the achievements of the mobility of each participant are recognized and the results are disseminated
Preparation of the application
There is a long way from the idea to a mobility project. You have to invest a lot of time to reflect on the needs of your organizations and to commit to common goals :
- Target audience and the needs for training;
- The desired outcomes for individuals and structures , expected impact;
- Resources and organization.
Many stakeholders believe in the importance of European projects for education and training and are ready to help future candidates.
Call for proposals
Projects must be within the lines of action and the objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (” ET 2020 “).
The only way to get funding is to respond to the Call for proposals under discussion. It is imperative to comply with all the terms for the application to be admissible. Applications are selected according to their quality.
The projects have to be linked to the European priorities defined by the text of the call for proposals each year by the European Commission.
Application for Erasmus+ Mobility Project: Deadline: February 12th, 2019
ATTENTION: the first stage prior to any filing of a proposed application is to register in the identification platform of the European Commission. You must have a PIC number, which will allow you to authenticate, download and submit the eForm form.
Mobility projects must be subject to an application sent online in a single fixed date. You cannot send one document today and another one tomorrow.
The Application includes the information about the preparation, the European added value, monitoring, impact, dissemination, financial documents and a European Development Plan, which must provide a projection of the international development strategy of the candidate.
The application form is online, it can be downloaded as soon as you have the PIC number and must be submitted electronically.
Note: Be careful when you add annexes to your application, no more than 5 with a total weight up to 5 MB.
The electronic submission form (Eform) is sufficient: you don’t have to send any paper. Remember to keep a copy of the eform submitted on your computer.
Financing in Mobility Project Erasmus+
European grant partially covers :
- project management in the form of unit costs ( sliding scales based on the number of beneficiaries);
- the mobility of participants , as unit costs ( daily rates );
- travel expenses of participants, as unit costs ( LF bands );
- any special needs;
- enrollment courses costs only for personal mobility;
- only in specific cases and were the need is well explained, the linguistic preparation. If the language of instruction or training is English, French, Spanish, Italian or German language preparation will NOT be funded. Candidates will be awarded licenses to access the evaluation and linguistic preparation put online by the European Commission in an online platform ( for fall 2014). If it is shown that the language used in the course or the language of instruction mobility is not covered by the European platform, and there is a demonstrable need for the preparation of participants, then the linguistic preparation may be financed in the form of unit costs.
The budget is calculated automatically, so the applicant organization must indicate in the application: the number and types of activities, the expected number of participants, the countries of destination, duration of mobility, course fees.
Eligibility for Erasmus+ Mobility Project: February 2019
You must fulfill every eligibility criterion. Failure of a single criterion leads to the rejection of the application.
Evaluation: May/ June 2019
In May/ June 2019 are evaluated the eligible applications.
Projects seeking an amount of less than € 60,000 funding are evaluated by a single expert. Projects seeking a higher amount of funding are subject to two readings, with harmonization.
The main evaluation criteria are:
- relevance of the project in terms of its objectives and target groups affected ;
- the quality of design and the sustainability of the project;
- Dissemination plan, monitoring the impact etc.
Based on the evaluation results, a National Evaluation Committee meets to propose to the Management of the Agency a list of selected and rejected projects and the amount of grant per project .
Applications whose rating is below the minimum quality threshold set by the European Commission are automatically rejected .
Results: May – June 2019
The results are published online on the National Agency website.
Applicants will be informed of the selection results and will have access to the evaluation of their application.
Contracting June – July 2019
Once the project is accepted, a financial contract will be sent to the organization.
It specifies the rules and conditions of the grant for the project .
Within 30 days after signing the contract by the National Agency, a first financing, 80% of the subsidy is paid to the contractor ( except in special cases ) .
A second payment and / or balance is paid after delivery of an activity, intermediate and / or final report. The installments can be paid according to the analysis of financial capacity that has been made.
Note: The sending and host organizations and participants must, prior to the start of mobility activities, agree on the activities to be conducted by the participants and have formalized it within the framework of a “Learning Agreement”. This convention defines the goals that are expected to be reached and a list of rights and obligations for each participant and organization.
Only activities carried out during the term of the mobility are considered eligible. Administrative and financial rules are described in the contract and its annexes.
Changes may occur during the project. These changes must be agreed with the National Agency by written request no later than one month before the end of the contractual term of the project. After reviewing your request, the National Agency will give its approval and issue an addendum to your contract.
You can plan in the application multiple destinations and group or individual departures.
A follow-up visit by the agency is also possible, especially in case of difficulties.
The organizations must submit reports on the qualitative and financial aspects of the project at fixed dates:
The interim report only concerns projects with a duration of 2 years, and provides an initial assessment on the progress of the project.
The final report must be submitted after the completion of activities. It summarizes the entire contract period: financial statement and description of activities. The project leader can attach any tool or annex it deems necessary for the proper understanding of its final report ( tools , impact studies , etc.).
The final report (as well as the interim report ) is created by the Mobility Too and will be pre-populated with the information entered during the life cycle of the project. This information can not be changed directly in the Eform report and should be checked and, if necessary, modified in the tool before creating the final report Eform. The narrative part should be filled in using the Eform.
The report must be downloaded, completed and submitted electronically.
Exploiting the results / Impact Measurement in Training Erasmus+
The impact of the project should be enhanced in the new Erasmus + program evaluation.
A real continuous evaluation and an impact measurement tool should be implemented throughout your project. This is to demonstrate the impact of the activities carried with the participants within your organization, but also outside, local, national or European, during and after the project.
It may be in terms of impact :
- motivation, skills and civic development for participants;
- sharing best practices;
- development of the international dimension of European education.
It is also essential to ensure the visibility of the project throughout its implementation and to inform those who are not directly involved.
For participants, further recognition of the period of European mobility in which they took part is possible: Europass Mobility which describes the mobility and what did they do and learn.